Pancakes with chai!
1/3 cup Coconut Oil
Vegan Butter (room temperature, slightly melted)
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
3 tablespoons Sugar
6 oz. Coconut Milk Yogurt
3/4 cups Coconut Milk
1/3 cups & 4 tablespoons Blue Lotus Traditional Masala Chai powder
5 tablespoons Water
Organic Powdered Sugar for garnish (topping)
Your favorite syrup
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together well with a whisk. In another bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Leave in fridge for 2-3 hours.
2. Heat a non-stick skillet, or griddle pan over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. You can test if it’s hot enough with a little pancake.
3. Brush a thin layer of vegan butter onto the pan, it should sizzle.
4. Add the batter to the skillet or griddle pan in 1/4 cup increments. Don’t crowd the pancakes. You can do them 2 at a time if needed. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden. You can use non-stick pancake rings if you want perfectly round pancakes as well.
5. Sprinkle some powdered sugar.
6. Serve with vegan butter and your favorite syrup.
If the pancakes are not golden enough when flipped, the skillet needs to be hotter. Turn down the heat if pancakes are too browned.
Yield: about 15-20 mini pancakes (3½ inches diameter)
Our thanks to: Rika & Doni, Vegan Miam