Social Media Specialist (part time)
Open Position: Social Media Specialist (part time)
Blue Lotus Chai Company (established 2010) is seeking an exceptional person to join our marketing team! We are an innovative, award-winning, woman-owned, diverse, family-run company based in Eugene, OR. We’re looking for an engaged, enthusiastic individual who is passionate about chai and sharing that joy with our family of chai lovers! We are expanding rapidly and seeking someone who is ready to utilize their creativity, excitement and innovative ideas around social media to help share the story of Blue Lotus Chai with the world – as well as take on the challenges that come with popularity and growth in the natural foods industry. There is great potential for advancement!
Location: Eugene, Oregon Beginning date: May 15, 2021
Role: Candidate would be the principal contributor to Blue Lotus Chai’s Social Media Program (within the Marketing Department), and would oversee and develop assets, delivery & strategy of social media offerings in order to support overall company marketing plans and sales goals. Although this role is largely remote, the person we hire should be located within driving distance of Eugene, Oregon. Our initial scope for this role is as a part time position (15-20 hrs./week). Worth noting, due to our company’s continuous growth many of our part time roles have eventually grown into full-time positions.
- A passion for chai (and Blue Lotus Chai), as well as the natural foods industry
- A proven track record in Social Media Marketing and fluency in social media-related apps
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Humility, a sense of service to the greater whole and a love for win-win outcomes
- Ability to collaborate seamlessly with team members & work independently/remotely within a flexible schedule, as needed
- Experience with the following SM channels, as well as awareness of how a channel is relevant to each marketing persona/demographic for these channels: Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Linked-In, TikTok, Snap Chat, Pinterest
- Fluency in graphic design and video editing, as it relates to social media marketing deliverables
- A sense of humor :^)
- Build and execute social media strategy through research and audience identification
- Write, develop, and strategize online content production and scheduling
- Generate, edit, publish, and share content regularly (original text/images/short and long-form video)
- Cultivate new SM followers and flag customer feedback and/or testimonials worthy of reporting to Marketing Director (both positive and negative feedback)
- Track results and SM key performance indicators (i.e. likes, shares, follows, etc.) as well as report on our most impactful followers, comments/interactions from influencers, to utilize this information to positively affect future outcomes
- Collaborate with other departments to execute on e-commerce related initiatives, as well as build out our social media eco-system (i.e. Instagram Shopping, Facebook ad strategies, etc.)
- Give advisement to leadership regarding new SM channels, trend-discovery and SM initiatives
- Moderate user-generated content and messages appropriately, based on company and community policies & have awareness of SM legalities (re-sharing/re-posting of UGC, contests, etc.)
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Email your cover letter, resume and any examples of prior work you’d like to share to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please don’t contact our offices directly about this position. Thanks!