Chai Maple Yams
Family feast or easy side dish, surprise your family with this scrumptious recipe.
* We recommend the following varieties for this recipe:
- 1 teaspoon Blue Lotus Chai*
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-2 dashes salt
DirectionsMakes approx 3 cups - or 6 to 8 servings.
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Wash yams & make a couple of small slits on top of each.
- 3. Place on a tray and bake for 60-75 minutes.
- 4. Once soft, scoop the yams out of their skins into a medium sized bowl.
- 5. In a small bowl, combine Blue Lotus Chai, maple syrup, butter or coconut oil, lemon juice and salt to taste.
- 6. Mix ingredients in with mashed yams
- 7. Put into greased baking dish & bake for 15-20 minutes to brown before serving.
- 8. Cool & serve.