Masala Chai Waffles
Our thanks to Rika & Doni at Vegan Miam for this recipe.
Spice up your morning breakfast routine with these crisp and fluffy masala chai waffles.
*We recommend the following varieties for this recipe:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 ounces coconut milk yogurt
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1½ tablespoons Blue Lotus Chai*
- 5 tablespoons water
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- Spray oil for the waffle iron
- Berries and powdered sugar for garnish
- Maple syrup
DirectionsMakes 4-6 servings
- 1. Mix all the dry ingredients together with a whisk.
- 2. In another bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together.
- 3. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Leave in fridge for 2-3 hours.
- 4. When ready to cook, preheat the waffle iron.
- 5. Spray both surfaces of your waffle iron with cooking spray.
- 6. Pour batter onto the bottom surface and close the lid.
- 7. Cook until the waffle iron's indicator light shows that cooking is complete, or until no more steam comes out.
- 8. The finished waffle should be golden brown and crispy.
- 9. Repeat Steps 2, 3 and 4 for as many waffles as you wish to make. There is no need to re-spray your waffle iron after the initial batch.
- 10. Serve with jam, preserves, whipped cream, or maple syrup.