Chai Candied Almonds
Sweet, nutty, and spicy - the perfect party snack.
*Recommended varieties for this recipe are:
Mandarin Masala Chai
Star Anise Masala Chai
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon your favorite Blue Lotus Chai*
- 1 egg white
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
DirectionsMakes 3 cups.
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 300 and place parchment paper on cookie sheet.
- 2. Blend sugar, chai powder, and salt in medium bowl.
- 3. In separate bowl, lightly whip egg white. Stir in vanilla.
- 4. Place almonds in egg mixture, stir and coat.
- 5. Use slotted spoon to shake off excess and add sugar/chai blend.
- 6. Mix and coat well almonds, then place on baking sheet, shaking off sugar with slotted spoon.
- 7. Bake for 10 minutes, stir, and repeat the process 1-3 times, as needed.
- 8. Bake until sugar is hard and almonds crunchy.
- 9. Allow to cool.