Chai Spiced Banana Nut Muffins
A moist, delicious addition to your morning chai.
*Recommended varieties for this recipe are:
Traditional Masala Chai
Golden Masala Chai
Mandarin Masala Chai
Rooibos Masala Chai
- 3 ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons your favorite Blue Lotus Chai*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup walnuts (We recommend purchasing whole nuts, and chopping them yourself, rather than using pre-chopped nuts. The whole nuts taste fresher.)
DirectionsMakes 6 large or 12 small muffins.
- 1. Preheat oven to 350.
- 2. In large bowl, mash banana.
- 3.Add butter and vanilla and mix together thorougly.
- 4.Whisk in egg.
- 5. In a second bowl, combine flour, sugar, nuts, salt, baking soda and chai spice.
- 6. Add dry ingredients to wet and stir. (Don't over mix; some lumps are okay).
- 7. Line muffin tins with liners.
- 8. Evenly distribute batter.
- 9. Bake for 23-25 minutes.